TMNT AGAIN!!! Raphael is animated too ...

by 6:53 PM 22 Things you said

... and has been for quite a long time!

It's because I thought it would have been lame to post again the same character but only animated. As I've been a bit busy with other projects, I didn't have a lot of time to work on the Donatello one (which would be ready soon anyway).

Anyway, I wanted to post Don and the animation at the same time later but, as I'm feeling a bit addicted to blogging, I give you the chance to watch it right now just by clicking the link right ... HERE!

Ah Donatello! I must say that he's probably been my favorite one during my childhood to impersonate. The sticks were easy to find in the little woods behind my house, my parents didn't want to buy me any sword, sai or nunchuks before I would turn 18. Also, I had a purple belt on my dressing gown and I would put it over my eyes. The idea was awesome until I got tired of not being able to see through the belt, it would also reduce my fighting abilities against the imaginary footclan rebels in my living room.

Fortunately, I was bright enough to cut holes in the belt, which was what anybody else would have done before wearing it. The only problem is that I over-estimated to distance between my two eyes and finally cut holes 10 inches apart which made me look like something hard to image: a pirate-ninja! The other hole was behind my head and it took me four tries to get the holes right, so I finally had five randoms holes that made the bandana become llok like swiss cheese and very weak which made it rib within one day.

It left me unhappy of not being able to be Donatello anymore and that my dressing gown now had to be tied with a wool wire I cut by myself which was long enough to just leave me 1 inch of loose to hardly tie it.

I also broke a pair of gloves because I didn't want these two extra fingers that we, stupid humans, have. TMNT only have three fingers and that's all we would need to fight. So I cut the two extra fingers from the glove which I also did wrong as I should have cut the two last ones (pink and ring fingers) but, with my kid's mind, I thought it would be better to cut the pinky and the forefinger. I've always been good with numbers but, as soon as there's a TMNT in my thoughts, my math skills become HORRIBLE!!!

You : "What? Did you just put four fingers on Raphael in your drawing?"
Me: "Yep ... BIG mistake!"

So finally the gloves broke after only 30 minutes of imaginary fight and I had to accept the fact that I would have to live as a human for the rest of my days.

On the bright side, luckily for me, I could never find some super glue, because I wanted to stick my fingers together to finally just have three ... which I could have probably just done wrong anyway and mix the fingers.

Sooo, Don is coming soon!

Bye bye

Francis Caron

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

22 Things you said:

Anonymous said...

That looks pretty good. I hope you're planning on posting your animation process at some point?

ZKMin said...

Looks sweet, glad I found your blog!

Joe Clark said...

I would also like to see the painstaking individual frame drawings one by one. Seriously, it fascinates me, as an artist, to watch others draw.

Francis Caron said...

Yep, good idea!
Thanks!

Makel said...

Oh I love animation, looking forward to seeing it in motion! As a 3d animator, I am always jealous of the talent traditional animators display!

hazel said...

Oh God, I remember contemplating the gluing of my fingers...

...now I regret not doing so!

n0kS said...

Nice one man, good work.

Jesse Crows said...

yeeaaaa! i love tmnt

Skaerf said...

OMG i was the biggest TMNT fan as a kid, even have all three of the cheesy live action movies :P

Thats What All the People Say said...

Didn't it used to say Raphael is cool about food in the song? The grammer of that never made sense to me.

Francis Caron said...

I think it says "Raphael is cool but rude" hahaha ... but next time I listen to it, I'll probably just hear that he's cool about food!

SkyBlue said...

loved TMNT!!! i loved them as video games and cartoons

I have followed your blog..Could you follow mine too please?

Join my Money Loving Blog Hop for your Blog!

Sky Stock Analysis Blog Hop

James said...

I love TMNT!! :D

TK1927 said...

Sweet, can't wait to see your Michelangelo.

Esmeraldo Petrarca said...

ninja turtles... my childhood :')

Delirium Tiger said...

I want more shreder!

Francis Caron said...

Eventually, I should do Shreder yeah ... ;) It would be awesome!

tkNova said...

TMNT is awesome!

Silk said...

ahh, those turtles, they've always been my heros!

JDOGMMA said...

Awesome picture! Raphael was my favorite back in the day.

Carles said...

loved the show, and like your work, keep it up!

Raizoo said...

I like your blog, more please :D Original.